Chain of Retribution is a role-playing game created by Archeia and other six developers using RPG Maker 2003.
A chain game, sent from person to person, each putting in their part of the epic story in their own style.
When two mercenaries accepted an escort job, believing it to be swift and easy, they found themselves involved into a global conspiracy that would shake the very core of the earth.
A mercenary for hire who was asked to escort Rise to the capital city. He's a bit naive but has a good heart.
Siegmunds brother. He works together with Siegmund. He's the more serious of the 2 and more organized.
A magician girl, she needs to get to the capital city. She goes and hires some help because she knows the trip isn't going to be so easy...
A warrior who is spoke of in legends. People know little about who he actually is. Domitian arrives to the capital city because of a letter.
A strong and calm warrior, she travels with Domitian for the same reason. While benevolent, she also has little tolerance for stupidity.
- New twist on the battle system: Each character is divided into 3 categories. Striker, Balance or Passive.
- Striker types regain MP in battle by attacking only. They'll gain 20 MP this way, and are usually more for saving up for a big attack.
- Balance types regain 10 MP regardless of what command is used. Their skills tend to cost less but are not usually focused on having a big final attack to use.
- Passive types regain 30 MP when you defend. They also start with the most MP in a battle and are Mage-types.
- Encounter Gauge which fills up as you fight encounters (which are seen on the map). Once filled, you can open up a special chest in the area.
- Party changing system